The Works of Philo
The Works of Philo Judaeus
The contemporary of Josephus, translated from the Greek
By Charles Duke Yonge
London, H. G. Bohn, 1854-1890.
- On the Creation
- Allegorical Interpretation, I
- Allegorical Interpretation, II
- Allegorical Interpretation, III
- On the Cherubim
- On the Birth of Abel and the Sacrifices Offered by Him and by His Brother Cain
- That the Worse is Wont to Attack the Better
- On the Posterity of Cain and His Exile
- On the Giants
- On the Unchangableness of God
- On Husbandry
- Concerning Noah's Work as a Planter
- On Drunkenness
- On the Prayers and Curses Uttered by Noah When He Became Sober
- On the Confusion of Tongues
- On the Migration of Abraham
- Who is the Heir of Divine Things?
- On Mating with the Preliminary Studies
- On Flight and Finding
- On the Change of Names
- On Dreams, That They are God-Sent
- On Abraham
- On Joseph
- On the Life of Moses, I
- On the Life of Moses, II
- The Decalogue
- The Special Laws, I
- The Special Laws, II
- The Special Laws, III
- The Special Laws, IV
- On the Virtues
- On Rewards and Punishments
- Every Good Man is Free
- On the Contemplative Life or Suppliants
- On the Eternity of the World
- Hypothetica: Apology for the Jews
- On Providence: Fragment I
- On Providence: Fragment II
- On the Embassy to Gaius: The First Part of the Treatise on Virtues
- Questions and Answers on Genesis, I
- Questions and Answers on Genesis, II
- Questions and Answers on Genesis, III
- Appendix 1: Concerning the World
- Appendix 2: Fragments
This work has been transcribed by anonymous from the 1993 reprint, but it remains the translation of C. D. Yonge, which is public domain.
Go to the Online Books web page.
Go to the Early Christian Writings Table of Contents.
Are you worried about exam gre practice test & ged classes exam preparation? We offer up-to-dated mcat and pmp training with 100% exam pass guarantee of ccna course.
Please buy the CD to support the site, view it without
ads, and get bonus stuff!
Early Christian Writings is copyright ©
Kirby, Peter. "Historical Jesus
Theories." Early Christian Writings.